Saturday, January 30, 2010

NEW LIGHTS!!!!!

So my mom got me a new setup of lights for my fish tank for Christmas she ordered the lights so that they would arrive at our apartment by Christmas day, well a couple days later she called me and told me that the company that sent the lights had returned her payment. I guess they won't send product to an address that is different than the billing address. Well two weeks after Christmas the fixtures and end caps finally came. Now I just had to order the lights that I wanted and put it all together. The actual fixtures that you buy are like 900 dollars so I got a retro kit which comes with waterproof end-caps super high quality reflectors and a ballast. So I had to order new lights. Well a couple of days ago they arrived and I haven't had a second to work on putting it together at all. Well this morning I finally had time and the motivation to start working on my hood. I got the brackets cut and attached and then I was stuck trying to figure out how to wire the ballast so I called a couple of different people before a friend of mine came over and helped me figure out and wire it all together. Once the new lights were on, it completely changed how my tank looks. Everything pops and coral that didn't look like they had any color are now bright and beautiful. I really can't believe the difference that it made. So if you look at these pictures the white looking pictures are before and the blue are the after pictures.









2 comments:

The King Family said...

The lights really do make a WORLD of difference! It looks great!

Swordfish said...

I agree, the lights make it all pop. We will have to come by and see it for ourselves, maybe i'll leave scott home, he is now itching for a saltwater tank. Remeber Cliff, just say "no" to scott.